I know I'm not the first person to ever tell you this...but breakfast is the most important meal of the day. For years I didn't believe this. All I knew was that I was already waking up early enough for school, and there was no way I could wake up even earlier to make breakfast!
Recently, I've been researching what types of food are best to eat, and everything I've read encourages eating breakfast.
Here are some reasons you should eat your breakfast...
1) Skipping breakfast may increase a women's risk for diabetes
2) Breakfast does exactly that, break the fast. By eating within an hour of waking up, you wake up your metabolism and get your body to start burning off calories.
3) Breakfast provides energy for morning activities and reduces a mid-afternoon binge.
4) Breakfast helps you wake up and be more alert in your morning classes!
5) Breakfast is the most delicious meal of the day.
So nothing has changed. I still don't have time to eat a full out breakfast every morning. But you're breakfast can be something as simple as a granola bar, a container of yogurt with some granola, a banana, etc. Those are quick breakfasts that are sure to jump start your metabolism and day!
What's your favorite breakfast?