Recently I realized that I haven't updated my about me page in quite a long time (definitely going to work on that when I have some time next week!) and in the time since I have updated it, I've gained quite a few followers. So in the spirit of getting to know y'all, I'm letting y'all get to know me a bit better!
Photo credit : Bess Pearson
1. I was a competitive Irish step dancer all thought middle school and high school.... Here's proof!
2. I had my tonsils and adenoids removed when I was very young, and the only thing I remember is my Dad giving me a singing and dancing Bananas in Pajamas toy while I was recovering.
3. My favorite color combinations are pink and green (holla holla!) and pink and navy.
4. In my spare time, if I'm not on the computer blogging or getting lost in the internet, you'll probably find me with a good book.
5. No matter how ugly they are, I will continue to wear chacos. Always.
6. I'm obsessed with my beagle, Alice. If you didn't already know this, I'm shocked.
7. My favorite place that I've ever traveled to is Salamanca, Spain.
8. Tortoise shell is one of my favorite "patterns." My glasses, sunglasses, and watch are all tortoise shell!
9. I always have to carry pen and paper with me. I need to have a place to jot down phone numbers, blog post ideas, or just write down my thoughts when I'm bored!
10. My college's mascot is the vixen, a female fox. Her name is Indiana, and she always wears a strand of pearls.
11. I graduated from the oldest girls' school in America. It was founded in 1746...before the United States was even a country!
12. My favorite foods are tacos, chocolate, and peanut butter.
13. When I have my own house and decide to get a dog, my first will obviously be a Beagle. But my second dog will be a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.
14. I really enjoy cooking, but I hate cleaning up the kitchen when I'm done.
15. After this summer, I've learned that I never want to willingly live in New Jersey and commute to New York City. Ever. New Jersey Transit, I'm looking at you, and you suck.
16. 95% of my clothes are from J. Crew, but I've only paid full price for one or two pieces. Sales and bargain hunting are my "thing."
17. Speaking of sales, it doesn't even seem odd to me anymore that I willingly waited in line in a sketchy parking lot from 9pm to 5am for the Lilly Pulitzer Warehouse Sale...more than once.
18. Freshman year, I was majorly addicted to "Temple Run." But I'm glad to say I've moved on to bigger and better things, mainly 2048..
19. If I could see any band/artist in concert, Zac Brown Band would be my number one pick.
20. I think everyone should read The Skim, Times Magazine, The Economist, or some kind of news magazine every morning. Then you have something interesting to talk about should you meet someone new!
21. Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, you will never get old and I will continue to watch re-runs forever. #TeamStablerForever
22. I would rather it be -10 degrees at night and have to wear a fleece under four blankets than for it to be hot and humid while trying to sleep.
23. I'm 5'6".
24. I learned how to pass a horse and buggie in driving lessons before learning how to even park the car. Sadly, this skill was more necessary than you'd think.
25. I'm surprised I made it to 24 facts without giving up, so here's to having 24 semi-interesting things to share with y'all!